Wedding Day is the most important day in the life of a woman and every young girl desires to look at her best on this blessed day in her life.
You have met the man of your dreams, fallen in love with him and even got the marriage date fixed. And now, you are eagerly waiting for the day of your union, when the two of you would become each other’s, forever. In the meantime, you have started with the preparations, right from choosing the venue to selecting the bridal dress.
Makeup is surprisingly often an overlooked item when planning your dream marriage / shadi. Brides /Dulhan always focus on planning their outfits, jewellery and makeup style.
Pakistani Dulhan Bridal Makeup Tips
- Even if you are getting your makeup professionally applied, do not put aside your wedding makeup to the wedding day. Have a trial session to check out the colour scheme and overall look.
- Get your facials done one week before the wedding.
- For a resistant blushing, experts recommend a powder based blush.
- Use a very resistant lipstick as you will kiss a lot of people. Make sure it fits your eye and hair color, same as the lip liner. For a longer durability, use balm, lacquer or primer, and apply the lipstick with a lip brush. Apply two layers for better resistance.
- Avoid pink tone foundation. It will make your face appear pale in photographs. Also when you apply foundation make sure you apply in all exposed areas , that is your neck, hand and back. For an oily skin choose a matte foundation that is water based.
- While applying make-up, blend it well. Make sure there is no visible lines. In case you are using translucent powder, for a long-lasting make-up, avoid patting too much as it will make your skin look dry and flaky.
- For more natural look avoid applying any makeup to your brows. Apply the eye colour and a neutral shadow after putting on shadow primer.
- For brightening the eyelids, use an eye shadow base.
- Apply two layers of waterproof mascara, having few seconds pause between, to avoid smudging Make sure you use smudge proof eye makeup. Wedding ceremonies take a longer time and you might rub the eyes accidentally. Eye shadow should compliment your skin tone and the outfit your wear. Use eyelashes for a dramatic look.
- Avoid bright and neon colours as they make your skin look ashy. The best bet for your makeup in the big day is to choose a neutral or true color
- After a complete makeup, dust a little face powder as it will help the make up stay longer.
- A badly chosen hair ornament will make you look like an un-cropped tree. Ask your hair stylist for a rehearsal before your wedding to make sure you do not look too festive. A very tight bun will result in stiff neck.
- Do use a bronzing powder to warm your skin tone.
- When choosing a fragrance for your wedding day, wear one of your favourites. This is no time for surprises! Layer the perfume to create a magical aura of scented pleasure.
Avoid pink tone foundation. It will make your face appear pale in photographs.