The main aim of dressing up and make up is to look beautiful and the trend is soon catching up with the teens. All of a sudden then the world of makeup and fashion starts looking extremely interesting. The craze to experiment with looks specially comes with the entry in college. Teenage is the time, when one is undergoing a lot of hormonal changes which makes the skin sensitive and thus, make sure to use branded cosmetics. Here are some other teen makeup tips.
The Effective Makeup Tips for Teenagers
- Moisturize! If your skin is dry, makeup will look flaky. If you have oily skin or are prone to breakouts, look for an oil-free moisturizer. It will make your skin look dewy and fresh without adding oil.
- After moisturizing, cover small acne blemishes with concealer. Finish with loose powder and apply foundation. Match the shade of foundation as closely as you can to your skin tone. Blend foundation well, especially around the neckline.
- If you want to cover skin flaws with makeup, use a mineral foundation or a mousse one that perfectly covers flaws and is easy to apply. Don’t use foundation if you don’t have skin problems or if you have acne.
- For longer-looking, luscious lashes, use an eyelash curler. Remember to curl before applying mascara; otherwise, you’ll lose lashes and end up with clumpy mascara.
- Eye makeup: For your eyes, you can choose eyeshadows in warm colors, pastels in pink, peach, apricot shades. Don’t use eyeliner or liquid eyeliner as you’ll look older. Avoid using black mascara and choose instead a brown one for lengthening and volume.
- Lip liner will help your lipstick last longer and will keep it from spreading outside of your lips. This will help the lipstick last longer and stay in the lip lines. Choose a lipstick shade that is at least as dark as your natural lip color, and add a small dot of gloss to the center of your lower lip to create fullness.
So, follow these makeup tips and guidelines, before you set on to do some makeup your face for an occasion. With time, patience and a great deal of experimentation, you will soon realize that applying makeup is an easy and fun way to enhance your natural beauty.