Varying the makeup that you wear according to season can be very important for your skin. During certain seasons, your skin may become damaged. This is true about winter, which is known to bring wind and cold that may cause your skin to become dried out. Not only may you be able to prevent certain skin problems, but you can just make simple decisions that will make you look the most beautiful during this time.
Velvety shades are the way to go for a winter girls. You need to look more glamorous and more polished during the cold months of the year. The matte look and understated shades, such as coffee, chocolate and smoky shades for eyes and berry tones for lips and cheeks, replace the fresh summer face. Gloss is in vogue again and so are our beloved fruity and spicy tones of cosmetics. In case you want to explore more about make up in winters, make use of the tips given in the following lines.
Winters Makeup Tips For Girls
The wind and cold conditions that it brings along only adds to the dryness. With the onset of winters, your makeup also needs to go major change.
- Use blackberry and copper color polish to darken your nails. It is perfect for the season and looks best on short, just-to-your-fingertips nails.
- Try colored mascara like navy, burgundy, and auburn that gives lashes a subtle color and some depth as well, without looking too obvious.
- Winters calls for more defined eyes. So, you should use a chocolate brown or charcoal liner along your upper lashes.
- It is a good idea to opt for neutral shades of makeup, such as light browns, grays, pinks and purples.
- If you want to draw attention to only one area of your face during winter, it is best to put emphasis on your eyes. A smoky eye look will work well during this time of year.
- Keep your lips moisturized in order to prevent them from becoming cracked and dry. It is a good idea to apply a lip-gloss throughout the day.
- A bit of sheen on eyes can be used too for a change, especially if you are using nude shades on your lips.
- Either your moisturizer or your foundation should have broad-spectrum sun protection.
- A light, matt foundation as well as a tinted powder, with a slight shimmer, look great in winters.
- For fragrance, it is best to stick to essence of essential oils, spices and other natural aromas.
- Smokey eyes look best in winters. For sultry effect, you can use eye shadows in cinnamon and coffee shades.
- A sheer layer of creamy blush-on can boost up the subtle makeup look that you adopt in winters.
- Tinted lip balms, in honey, blackberry and red currant tones, look great in the winter season.