We have all heard the comment, it’s the thought that counts, and in so many ways that is true. Because if you are trying to get cute ideas on ways to say I love you to your husband, it shows you care. Sometimes guys won’t notice the little things that you do in expressing your love for them, sometimes the gals miss them as well.
Keep in mind that it’s not so much the amount or the efforts of your love expressions, but it’s the essence of those expressions. In other words be yourself and love them from your heart, but at the same time show them the affection where they need it emotionally.
Whether you’ve been married for ten days or ten years, loving your husband well is always a learning process. Probably the most important learning you can do for the health of your relationship. No man is the same, so every wife has to adapt her actions to fit the needs of her husband. However, here are 40 many ways that every man will feel loved, no matter who he is.
- Regard him as important and let him know he’s important to you.
- Do everything
- Communicate with him respectfully.
- You can to at least understand his feelings even when you disagree with him.
- Be interested in his friends and occasionally give him time with them (if they are trust-worthy men).
- Ask for his opinion and let him know you value what he says.
- Tell him you both love him and like him.
- Let him feel your approval and affections.
- Protect his dignity on a daily basis.
- Be tender with him realizing he has feelings also.
- Foster an atmosphere of laughter in your home. Look for ways to laugh together.
- Avoid sudden major changes without discussion and with giving him time to adjust.
- Learns to respond openly and verbally when he wants to communicate.
- Comfort him when he is down emotionally.
- Be interested in what he feels is important in life.
- Correct him gently and tenderly.
- Allow him to teach you without putting up your defense.
- Make special time available to him and your children.
- Be trustworthy.
- Compliment him often.
- Be creative when you express your love, either in words or actions.
- The future isn’t as far away as it seems sometimes. Talk about where you’d like to be when you’re married 50 years, and work on making those dreams happen.
- Don’t jump to conclusions if your husband has said or done something questionable. Give him the chance to explain before you pass judgment.
- Although this is growing increasingly unpopular, it does still work. Just because your husband is in charge of the household doesn’t mean that you can’t share your opinions, it just means he’s captain of the team.
- Although you may not want to admit it, there will be times when you’re in the wrong. Maybe you’ve said something hurtful or done something insensitive. Never have too much pride to tell him you’re sorry.
- If you told your husband you’d do something, make sure that you follow through.
- Rub his feet steer him to the recliner and pull off his shoes. Rub his feet for at least 20 minutes. It has been told that this may even improve his health!
- Turn your ordinary bedroom into any lover’s dream without a lot of expense. Remove clutter and anything that doesn’t belong, and replace it with scented candles and fresh flowers. Hang pretty curtains and find some comfy bedding. Place mirrors to reflect candlelight, and misting fountains for a romantic effect.
- While your husband is showering, sneak in and write, “I love you” on the steamed up bathroom mirror. This will steam him up as well, especially if you seal it with your lip prints!
- I’m talking about a bar of soap! Scratch “I love you” into his soap so he’ll find it the next time he showers. (You may not want to seal this note with your lip prints, though).
- Go buy some sweet smelling oils and turn your bedroom into a spa! Give your husband a full body massage and work out those aching muscles.
- When your husband is in a bad mood give him time to recover. Don’t crowd him.
- Help him to finish his goals, hobbies, or education when your see he needs it.
- Treat him as if God has stamped on his forehead: “Handle With Care.”
- Work to get rid of habits that annoy him.
- Be kind and thoughtful to his relatives. Don’t make him choose between you.
- Don’t compare his relatives with yours in a negative way.
- Thank him for things he’s done around the house. (It means a lot to men).
- Don’t expect credit for all you do for him. Do it as “unto the Lord.”
- Make sure he agrees with everything important that you’re planning to do.
Remember your husband is given to you from God for life. Make the best of your marriage and try one of these things today.