Personally, I think that this celery rolls recipe is the best in the world. Am I not excited about sharing this with you? You will definitely come back and thank me for sharing this celery rolls recipe.
- 3 small celery hearts
- pinch salt
- 1 pint water
- 1 tblspn, oil
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 rounded tblspn. Demarara sugar
- 1 rounded tblspn, cornflour
- 1/8 pint malt vinegar
- cabbage or vine leaves
How to Make Celery Rolls:
- Wash celery in cold water.
- Remove outer stalks and chop into 1″ pieces.
- Boil only the celery hearts in salted water for 10 minutes until tender.
- Drain and reserve liquid.
- For sauce, heat oil and fry onion gently for 5 minutes.
- Add the Demarara sugar and cornflour and gradually stir in vinegar and 1/2 pint of the celery water.
- Bring to the boil stirring all the time.
- Reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Put the uncooked chopped celery in a fireproof dish.
- Wrap a piece of blanched cabbage or vine leaf round each celery heart.
- Put them into the dish with the joins underneath.
- Pour in the sauce.
- Cover the dish with kitchen foil and bake in mod. oven 375A°F. for approx. 20 minutes