Creole Eggs is an amazingly delicious recipe which you will enjoy with your family and friends. If you loved it, do share it with your friends also!
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 8 hard-cooked eggs
- 2 cups tomato pulp
- Salt, pepper, and paprika to taste
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 blade mace
- 2 cloves
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- Pinch of powdered thyme
- Slices of cooked ham
- Fry onion, pepper, and parsley in vegetable shortening until tender; add cloves, thyme, bay leaf, and mace and cook for three minutes.
- Stir in flour and tomato pulp and bring to a boil while stirring. Strain.
- Quarter the hard-cooked eggs and season with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Put layer of tomato sauce in a greased baking dish. Layer the ham, eggs, sauce, ham, and eggs, and a final layer of sauce.
- Cover with breadcrumbs and dot with vegetable shortening.
- Bake ten minutes in moderate oven.