Before you think I’m regressing to baby food or am preparing for dentures, keep in mind that I am gluten-free and needing to cut down on cholesterol. So I’m always looking for good breakfast alternatives (I still eat eggs, which doesn’t make me a true vegetarian.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 bananas nicely mashed
- 1 cup soaked and ground bitten rice
- small pieces of jaggery-2 [20gms] (you can substitute a little raw or brown sugar)
- Sift the flour with the salt and baking powder.
- Add water and buttermilk to the dry ingredients.
- Add the paste of beeten rice soaked in water, the mashed banana and the jaggery or sugar to the batter and mix thoroughly.
- Heat a heavy iron pan.
- Pour one spoon of the batter into it and roll a bit.
- When it turns slightly brown add half a spoonful of fresh batter, then turn it onto the other side until it is golden brown.
- Serve hot with strawberry jam or honey.