Can you find a better recipe of Buckwheat Cakes than this? I am challenging you to. Stock up on bags full of butter as you will want to make this Buckwheat Cakes a lot. An assortment of fabulous flavors, the Buckwheat Cakes recipe is one of those Asian dishes you simply shouldn’t miss. This Buckwheat Cakes is surely going to make you popular amongst your friends once you treat them to it.
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 6 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 6 tablespoons buckwheat flour
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the buttermilk, egg, and melted butter.
- In another bowl, mix together white flour, buckwheat flour, sugar, salt and baking soda. Pour the dry ingredients into the egg-mixture. Stir until the two mixtures are just incorporated.
- Heat a griddle or large frying pan to medium-hot, and place 1 tablespoon of butter, margarine or oil into it. Let the butter melt before spooning the batter into the frying pan, form 4 inch pancakes out of the batter. Once bubbles form on the top of the pancakes, flip them over, and cook them on the other side for about 3 minutes. Continue with this process until all of the batter has been made into pancakes.