Today, I wanted to touch on the subject of Cold Crab Dip Recipes. This has to be one of the easiest dishes available. It is very easy to put together and very inexpensive.
Crab dip is a great accompany to any dinner. It is a perfect side dish to just about anything. It also makes a great appetizer or party dish for Super Bowl parties or just get together of the family and friends.
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans crab meat, drained and flaked
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (1 pound) loaf round, crusty Italian bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, onion, mayonnaise, crab meat, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Spread mixture into a 1 quart baking dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven. While the dip is baking, cut a circle in the top of the bread, and scoop out the inside to create a bread bowl. Tear the removed bread into pieces for dipping.
- Remove baked crab dip from the oven, and stir well. Spoon the mixture into the hollowed out loaf. Place bread bowl and chunks of bread on a medium baking sheet, and bake for an additional 10 minutes. Serve hot.