Although there are many variations and alternate ingredients that may be used in the dish, chicken salad recipes are generally easy. Making chicken salad at home does not fundamentally require more than chicken, mayonnaise, and celery, although there are many other ingredients that spice the dish up a little.
- 2 cups cooked shredded chicken, cold
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Mix chicken, celery, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Add mayonnaise, mix well.
- Fold in chopped eggs, blending throughout.
- Serve on rolls, in a hollowed out tomato, or on a bed of crisp lettuce leaves.