Cream cheese is a sweet, soft, mild-tasting, white soft cheese. Unlike most other cheeses (including other soft white cream cheeses), cream cheese is not matured naturally in the same way that other cheeses are matured.
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Pack (250 Grams) of Philadelphia Cream Cheese
- 3 Tablespoons of Milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Mayonnaise
- 1 Teaspoon of Dijon Mustard
- ½ Teaspoon each of Worcestershire Sauce and Shallots
- Freshly Ground Sea Salt (to taste)
- Freshly Ground Black Peppercorns (to taste)
- Put the eggs into a saucepan then add some water to cover the eggs. Add a couple of pinches of sea salt and place over a medium heat. You may need to adjust the heat setting a couple of times. Continue boiling the eggs until they become hard-boiled (around 10 minutes).
- Once the eggs are hard-boiled drain the water out of your saucepan but leave the eggs in the saucepan. Place the saucepan with the eggs in it into your kitchen sink and run cold water over the hard-boiled eggs for a while. Once the eggs have cooled sufficiently peel them. After peeling, chop the eggs and then place them in a small bowl and set it aside for now.
- Wash and finely chop the shallots. Then transfer them to another small bowl and set aside for now.
- Using a medium sized mixing bowl add in the Philadelphia Cream Cheese, the milk, the eggs, the mayonnaise, the Dijon mustard, the sea salt, the black pepper and the Worcestershire sauce and beat well to combine thoroughly. Now add the shallots and stir to combine.
- Once all ingredients are thoroughly combined cover with plastic cling wrap and place in the refrigerator until ready to serve.