Creamed celery is based on American culinary concepts. Liked by people of all ages alike, creamed celery is a must try lacto ovo vegetarian food. It is a delicious side dish. Creamy creamed celery is prepared by saute.
- 3 cups cut celery
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Clean, scrape and cut enough celery to make three cups.
- Cook until tender in boiling, salted water, which will require about forty-five minutes.
- Let the water boil away when done, leaving the celery with very little liquid.
- Prepare a thin white sauce of the remaining ingredients, and pour over the celery.
- Prepare the toast by trimming the crust from thin slices of bread.
- Cut diagonally, making triangular-shaped pieces of toast.
- Toast in a moderate oven until crisp.
- Dip slices of crisp toast into some hot milk or cream.
- Serve with a spoonful of the creamed celery upon each slice.