This is an incredibly delicious soup. I recommend you serve it with fresh warm bread, they taste so great together.
- 8 slices bacon
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 cups cubed potatoes
- 2 (10.75 ounce) cans condensed cream of chicken soup
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- In a large saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon, and set aside. Drain all but 3 tablespoons bacon fat from the pan.
- Brown onions in bacon fat over medium heat.
- Add potatoes, and enough water to cover. Cover and cook until potatoes are tender, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir together soup and milk until smooth; add to potato mixture. Heat, but do not boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, and stir in dill weed. Crumble bacon; stir in just before serving soup, or sprinkle on top to garnish.