All you need are the eggs and a cream sauce. This dish is great served over toast at breakfast for the day after Easter because it uses up some of your leftover eggs.
- 6 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper, if desired
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place egg in a saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool, peel and chop.
- Melt butter in saucepan, add flour until it forms into a ball. Slowly add the milk and stir until the sauce comes to a boil.
- Stir the white pepper, salt, black pepper, and chopped eggs into the sauce; stir until the eggs are heated.