Creamed chicken is a creamy and delicious chicken recipe. Prepared with vegetables and cooked on broth along with half and half, the creamed chicken is spiced with nutmeg and sherried to taste. With almonds added for an extra bite to it, the creamed chicken can be served as desired.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup seasoned chicken broth
- 1/2 cup half and half or cream
- 2 cups cooked and cubed chicken
- 4 ounces mushrooms, undrained
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 patty shells, toast or rice
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and blend in the flour. Add the chicken broth and cream and stir until thickened and smooth. Add the chicken and mushrooms with their liquid and cook for 1 minute, or until mixture begins to bubble. Season to taste and then stir in the sherry.