One of my chicken soup recipes uses rotisserie chicken to get a savory, slow-cooked flavor. Chicken soup is good for the soul. This chicken noodle soup accomplishes the same thing in the crock pot. It is a wonderful soup to prepare for friends or neighbors that you would like to cook for.
- 3 large carrots, cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 Tbsp. parsley
- kosher salt or Maldon sea salt to taste
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 9 oz. package refrigerated linguine
Combine all ingredients, except linguine, in slow cooker. Cook on low 6-8 hours. One half hour before serving, remove chicken. Shred chicken into bite-sized pieces and return to pot. Add linguine. Cook 30 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper to taste.