This rechauffe recipe is a prepared with leftover meat and rice. Cooked along with tomatoes and onions, this rechauffe recipe makes for a quick and easy meal that is filling and savory. Made with pre cooked or leftover food, this rechauffe recipe is a great way to use up leftover foods.
- 1 large onion
- 1 tablespoon fat
- Salt and pepper
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked rice
- 1 cup tomatoes
- Left over pork, beef, mutton or chicken
How to make Rechauffe:
- Slice the onion and brown it with the fat.
- Wash the rice well and add it, with salt and pepper, to the onion.
- Cook slowly, stirring constantly until the rice is slightly brown.
- Press the tomatoes through a sieve and add to the rice mixture, together with the meat.
- Cover with boiling water and simmer for about one half hour.