There’s nothing better than a handful of warm roasted nuts that are slightly salted. Not only do certain nuts contain heart healthy Omega-3 oils, but they are also a great source of fiber and a healthy alternative to potato chips when eaten in moderation. Here’s how to roast nuts.
- Walnuts, pecans, filberts, and Brazil nuts, in desired quantities
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Crack the nuts.
- Scald the meats and drain.
- Rub the coating off.
- Pour enough oil in a good-sized baking pan to cover the bottom; place the nut meats in oiled pan; thickly dust with salt.
- Bake (“roast”) in preheated oven, turning occasionally, until they are golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Drain on crumpled paper and add more salt if desired.