Here are simple instructions on what to do and how to make Eggs a La Goldenrod. Pamper everyone with Eggs a La Goldenrod as Breakfast. In my opinion, if one is a chef, one ought to have a personal recipe of Eggs a La Goldenrod, just like I do.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 slices bread, toasted
- Melt butter, add flour and stir until the mixture is smooth and well blended.
- Add milk very slowly stirring as you add.
- Continue to stir and cook over a low heat.
- Cook until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Add salt and pepper to mixture and set aside.
- Peel boiled eggs and remove the yolks from the eggs.
- Chop the whites of the eggs and add them to the white sauce.
- Toast bread and slice it diagonally.
- Arrange the bread slices on a plate and pour the sauce over the toast.
- Take a grater and grate the egg yolks over the sauce.
- Serve warm.