This is a traditional British recipe redacted from the redoubtable Mrs Beeton’s 1861 volume Mrs Beeton’s Book of Household Management, the classic Victorian cookbook.
- 2 cups chopped lobster meat
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Few grains cayenne
- Few gratings nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- Yolk 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped parsley
- 1 cup Thick White Sauce
- Mix ingredients in order given, and cool.
- Shape in form of cutlets, crumb, and fry same as croquettes.
- Make a cut at small end of each cutlet, and insert in each the tip end of a small claw.
- Stack around a mound of parsley.
- Serve with Sauce Tartary.