Would you like to try a fabulous Mexican Rabbit recipe? It is one Mexican dish which will never fail to impress you or your guests. Mexican Rabbit goes perfectly as Side Dish. Once you try out this Mexican Rabbit recipe, don’t forget to inform me what you think about it.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups cooked or canned tomatoes
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- Few grains cayenne
- 2 cups finely diced American cheese
- Melt butter in top of double boiler; add green pepper and onion; cook over low heat until tender but not browned.
- Blend in flour.
- Add milk slowly, stirring constantly; cook until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Heat tomatoes; gradually stir tomatoes into thickened sauce.
- Add a little of this hot mixture to beaten eggs combined with seasonings; stir egg mixture into sauce.
- Place over hot water, add finely-diced cheese; cook until cheese melts, stirring to blend.