No one can stop at just one is my claim for this recipe of French Breakfast Puffs. This French Breakfast Puffs is a perfect Breakfast. The French Breakfast Puffs holds a high place in the French cuisine. I hope that this French Breakfast Puffs recipe is suited to your tastes and wish you luck in preparing it.
- 1 1/2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup Oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 3 eggs Oil for frying
- Confectioners sugar
- Mix flour, 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg in small mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- Combine milk, water, Oil and lemon peel in medium saucepan.
- Heat to rolling boil over medium-high heat.
- Add flour mixture all at once.
- Beat with wooden spoon until mixture pulls away from sides of pan into a ball.
- Remove from heat; cool slightly.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition.
- Heat 2 to 3 inches Oil in deep-fryer or large saucepan to 350 °F.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls into hot Oil.
- Fry 3 or 4 puffs at a time, 4 to 6 minutes, or until golden brown, turning over several times.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Sprinkle top of each puff with confectioners sugar.