People looking for high protein may find mexican fried chicken appealing. Delicious mexican fried chicken is a main dish from the american cuisine. Throughout the world mexican fried chicken is usually prepared by frying. Depending on your level of expertise, cooking mexican fried chicken could be easy.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 quart buttermilk
- 2 (1.25 ounce) packages taco seasoning mix
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- In a resealable plastic bag combine the chicken, buttermilk and 1 packet of taco seasoning. Seal and shake to mix together. Refrigerate and let marinate overnight.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium low heat. Mix flour and the other packet of taco seasoning in a shallow dish or plate. Remove chicken from refrigerator and remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Coat chicken with flour mixture and fry in skillet until cooked through and juices run clear, 15 to 20 minutes.