I got this Breakfast Cocoa recipe from my neighbor who is an excellent cook. This Breakfast Cocoa is so tasty that I cannot resist serving it as a Breakfast often. A good way to use up cocoa is to make some amazing Breakfast Cocoa. In my view, if one calls oneself a good cook, one must have a personal recipe of Breakfast Cocoa, just like I do.
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 1/2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
How to Make Breakfast Cocoa:
- In a saucepan mix unsweetened cocoa powder, sugar, and salt; stir in water.
- Bring to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Stir in milk; heat almost to boiling (do not boil).
- Add vanilla; beat with rotary beater just before serving.
- Float marshmallows atop hot beverage.