When searching through the best pickled eggs recipes you’ll find a variety of choices to cover the flavor palate. Whether you’re looking for something hot and spicy, seeking a mild taste, or prefer a sweeter flavor, you’ll find pickled eggs are more than just a classic bar snack. Today they rank among the favorite foods enjoyed during picnics, camping trips, tailgate parties and potluck dinners.
Fresh-Herb Pickled Eggs
- 12 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 sprigs of fresh marjoram or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 2 sprigs of parsley
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 small dried red Chile or 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 cups white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
- Place half of eggs, shallots, thyme, marjoram, parsley, garlic, and chile in each of 2 wide-mouth 1-quart canning jars or in a 2-quart crock.
- Stir honey into vinegar and pour over eggs. Cover tightly with lids and refrigerate at least 1 week before serving. Refrigerate up to 2 months.
Garlic Pickled Eggs
- 12 eggs
- 1 onion, sliced into rings
- 1 cup distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled
- Place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water. Bring water to a boil and immediately remove from heat. Cover and let eggs stand in hot water for 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from hot water, cool and peel.
- Place the eggs in a 1 quart jar with the onion rings.
- In a medium saucepan, bring to a boil the vinegar, water, sugar and garlic. Remove from heat and allow to cool approximately 15 minutes.
- Pour the vinegar mixture over the eggs and cover. Refrigerate 1 week before serving.
Spicy Pickled Eggs Recipe
- 1 doz peeled hard cooked eggs shopping list
- 2 1/4 cups apple cider vinegar shopping list
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar shopping list
- 1 tablespoon of kosher salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons pickling spice shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional but I like my eggs a little spicy) shopping list
- 6 cloves of garlic peeled and halved shopping list
- 1 quart glass jar with lid
Heat all of the ingredients in a sauce pan until it boils. Pour this mixture over the eggs in the jar making sure the eggs are covered and then refrigerate for 4 weeks before serving. These will last in the fridge for a couple of months thereafter but mine are usually gone in a couple of weeks. Pickle these under refrigeration 39F. Do not use eggs that have holes in them or are broken in any way.