One morsel of this Sweet Walnut Balls and you are hooked to it forever. An incredible Sweet Walnut Balls gets its taste from walnut. Do let me know how you’ve liked my Sweet Walnut Balls. Feedback keeps me mobilized and motivates me to try out novel ways.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1-1/2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 cups finely crushed reduced-sodium saltine crackers
- 3/4 cup ground walnuts
- 3/4 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Stir in the crackers, walnuts and cheese. Coat hands with cooking spray; shape mixture into 1-in. balls. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. Bring to a boil. Pour over walnuts balls. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Yield: 8 servings.