Milk Toast recipes have been collected over the years. At Annies Recipes you can easily navigate through thousands of other tried and true, easy and quick to prepare recipes.
- 4 slices white bread or 4 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (or sugar!)
- cinnamon, if desired
- Butter the toast and place in two soup bowls.
- 2 Heat the milk with the raisins and salt.
- 3 Simmer for a minute or two, till the raisins plump.
- 4 Pour half the milk mixture over each serving.
- 5 Sprinkle with cinnamon, if desired.