A popular party recipe layers all the typical taco ingredients into one dish. Dip with tortilla chips. This recipe uses all the full fat ingredients. You could easily substitute lower fat ingredients and cut the calories and fat substantially.
Party dips are an essential part of a Super Bowl party. Find a recipe for a seven layer taco dip given below. This dip is easy to make and is sure to be a crowd favorite. Serve with tortilla chips or tortilla strips. Yields approximately 6 one-cup servings.
- 1 envelope (1 ounce size) taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 ounce size) refried beans
- 1 package (8 ounce size) cream cheese, softened
- 1 container (16 ounce size) sour cream
- 1 jar (16 ounce size) salsa
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 small head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 can (6 ounce size) sliced black olives, drained
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
How To Make It:
- In a medium bowl, blend the taco seasoning mix and refried beans. Spread the mixture onto a large serving platter.
- Mix the sour cream and cream cheese in a medium bowl. Spread over the refried beans.
- Top the layers with salsa. Place a layer of tomato, green bell pepper, green onions and lettuce over the salsa, and top with Cheddar cheese. Garnish with black olives.