Easy chicken lunch is known for being an excellent high protein food. Cooking easy chicken lunch is easy.
- 4 chicken breasts, boned & skinned
- Salt & pepper
- 1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen artichoke hearts, thawed & halved
- 2 Tbsp. butter or margarine, melted
- 3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- 1 C. chicken broth
- 1 1/2 C. cheddar cheese, grated
- 1/4 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 C. fine bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp. dried savory leaves
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme leaves
- 2 Tbsp. butter melted
- Chopped parsley, optional, for garnish
Cut each chicken breast into 2-inch pieces. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place chicken in a microsafe dish. Cover. Microwave at HIGH power for 3 minutes. Stir halfway to insure even cooking. Arrange artichoke heart halves evenly with the chicken. Set aside. In a medium size microsafe dish melt 2 tablespoons butter at HIGH power for 15 seconds. Add flour to butter, stirring until smooth. Gradually stir in broth until smooth. Microwave at HIGH power for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, whisking every 30 seconds. Sauce should start to thicken. Add cheddar cheese and nutmeg to sauce. Blend well. Pour sauce over chicken and artichokes. Mix bread crumbs, savory and thyme together. Sprinkle over chicken. Drizzle melted butter over the top. Microwave at HIGH power for 5 to 6 minutes, uncovered.