Mexican Ice Cream is a dessert which belongs to the Mexican cuisine. The main ingredients required for preparing this ice cream are Vanilla ice cream or any other flavor ice cream, sugar, ground cinnamon, crushed.
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup english walnuts
- 12 macaroons, crumbled into fine crumbs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 egg whites, stiffly beaten
- 2 cups cream or half-and-half
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or cherry extract
- Put the 1 cup granulated sugar into a saucepan over low heat and stir constantly until it is melted. Add walnuts and pour into a shallow buttered pan to harden.
- When cold, grate or chop fine. Toast the macaroon crumbs in the oven a few moments.
- Make a custard of the egg yolks, the 1/4 cup sugar and the milk. Pour over the stiffly beaten egg whites and let cool.
- To the cream or half-and half add the 1/3 cup sugar and beat until thoroughly mixed. Add the custard and flavor with vanilla or cherry extract, then freeze until half frozen.
- When half frozen, add the macaroon crumbs and half of the grated walnut mixture and finish freezing.
- Sprinkle the remaining grated walnuts over the cream at serving time.