Got home from work late and was quite hungry. The handful of grape tomatoes and almonds I had earlier had worn off a long time ago. I wanted something fast and looked in the fridge to see I had finished my leftovers.
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 2 cups teriyaki sauce, divided
- 6 pineapple rings
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 3/4 cup unsweetened pineapple juice
- 6 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Place the chicken breast halves in a dish with the 1 1/2 cups of teriyaki sauce. Cover and refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat a grill for high heat.
- Lightly oil the grill grate. Place chicken breasts on grill, and discard marinade. Cook for 8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear. Brush with the remaining teriyaki sauce during the last 5 minutes. When almost done, place one pineapple ring on top of each breast, and brush with melted butter.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, mix the brown sugar, soy sauce, pineapple juice, and Worcestershire sauce. Cook, stirring occasionally, until sugar is dissolved. Serve with chicken for dipping!