Baked bean recipes are easier than you think to make from scratch. Many recipes can be made in the crockpot. You can also make delicious side dishes starting with canned beans like Heinz or Bush’s and following the recipes below turn them into a new family favorite.
- 2 (16 ounce) cans baked beans with pork
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Mix baked beans with pork, molasses, onions, brown sugar and ketchup together and put in a greased casserole dish. Top with bacon, cover and bake for 3 hours or until thick.