Spaghetti has always been a favorite family meal. My teenage daughter will eat leftover spaghetti for breakfast, lunch, and as a mid-afternoon snack. Not everyone loves spaghetti so much that they will go to that extreme, however, and the same meals can getting boring after awhile.
- 12 ounces spaghetti
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- 2 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1 1/3 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- Brown beef over medium heat. Drain off fat.
- In a large pot, combine beef, salt, sugar, oregano, pepper, garlic powder, onion flakes, diced tomatoes, tomato paste, and mushrooms. Simmer at a low heat setting for 2 hours, stirring occasionally.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Serve sauce over spaghetti.