Do you want one awesome recipe idea to attempt today? This Savory Beef Stew is too good to be missed, so make a special note of it it. It is always prepared with beef as the most essential ingredient. Just try this dish and see how you get hooked to it!
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1 can (10-1/2 ounces) condensed beef consomme, undiluted
- 1/2 cup sherry or reduced-sodium beef broth
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 1 large potato, peeled and chopped
- 1 medium turnip, peeled and chopped
- Place flour in a large resealable plastic bag; add beef, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large saucepan coated with cooking spray, cook beef and onion in oil over medium-high heat until beef is browned on all sides. Stir in the water, consomme, sherry or broth, Worcestershire sauce and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- Stir in the carrots, parsnips, potato and turnip. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-45 minutes or until meat and vegetables are tender.