This is a great recipe that I found in my Grandma’s recipe book. Judging from the weathered look of this recipe card, this was a family favorite.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1/3 cup butter (melted)
- 2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl combine the flour, milk, beaten eggs, melted butter, sugar, baking powder and salt until just blended.
- Preheat a lightly greased griddle or frying pan. Pour about 1/4 cup of batter into pan for each pancake. Cook until pancakes begin to bubble. Flip once and cook for 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Serve with maple syrup, jam or fruit.