This is a version of a roast salmon dish I found in a Russian cookbook. Though salmon on toast originally belongs to the Russian cuisine, today it’s a part of the global taste. Cooking salmon cutlet is very easy.
- stale bread
- 2 cups, or 1 can, of cold salmon picked into small flakes
- 1 cup lobster sauce
- 1/2 cup sweet cream
- 1 egg
- white pepper
- parsley or watercress for garnish
- Toast thin slices of stale bread quite brown and crisp.
- Butter while hot.
- Heat salmon
- add lobster sauce, cream, salt, white pepper, and a dash of paprika.
- When very hot remove from the fire, stir in egg (beaten very lightly), and pour over the toast.
- Sift a little very finely minced parsley over the top, or garnish with watercress.
- Drawn butter or oyster sauce may be substituted for the lobster sauce.