These nutritious timbales make a well-balanced school lunch or dinner, packed with protein, iron and energy giving complex carbohydrates. Serve hot or cold with a green salad or vegetables.
- 2 cups boiled rice
- 2 cups milk
- ¾ cup chopped ripe olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped celery or¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon sage or grated onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, well beaten
- Mix the ingredients.
- Pour into oiled cups.
- Set the cups into a pan of hot water, and bake till the timbales are firm.
- Remove from the oven, and allow them to stand for a few minutes.
- Remove from the cups, and serve with tomato sauce.