Acne scar skin care is very important in the healing of acne scars. While you are suffering from pimples, try not to prematurely take action such as pinching or bursting the pimple as this may leave a deeper and longer to heal scar. Avoid putting too much chemical on the affected area such as strong creams and moisturizer unless prescribed by your dermatologist.
Adult cystic acne can leave long term scars that are deep and harder to remove or heal. Make sure you take care of your skin all the time. Pressure on the affected area can cause too much dead skin cells which make scars more difficult to cure.
The most effective acne scar skin care for sensitive skin combines proper skin care techniques and good nutrition to bring about excellent results without harmful chemicals or expensive products! Acne scars can be a source of embarrassment for both teenagers and adults. Although acne is most common during times in our lives when our hormones are changing, like puberty or menopause, it can happen to any of us, at any time.
Acne Scar Skin Care:
First, in order to have fewer acne scars, it’s important to mention a few acne prevention tips:
- Drink at least 8 glasses of water daily
- Get ample rest each night
- Eat a balanced diet of fresh fruits and vegetables, whole grains, lean proteins, and healthy fats
- Cleanse the skin daily with a mild hypoallergenic facial cleanser
- Keep your fingers and hands away from your face
- Avoid popping or squeezing the pimples
- Cut your hair shorter to keep it from frequent contact with facial skin
- Switch out your pillowcase every other day
- Exercise regularly
- Take a multi-vitamin daily
- Eat plenty of carrots and tomatoes – Vitamin A helps heal acne scars
- Add chromium and zinc supplements to diet
- Use gentle, safe skin care products that are free of allergens and chemicals that can inflame acne. We’ve seen the best results with this simple and gentle acne sensitive skin treatment.
Natural ways For Acne Scar Skin Care:
Drink lots of Water:
Drinking water is one of the most recommended measures to reduce acne scars. It improves blood circulation in your body and increases the chance of wound-healing-ability to your body. So, you should drink at least 7 to 8 glasses of water everyday, each glass should be around 300ml.
It is believed that honey is a great skin builder and wonderfully heals acne scars. You can directly apply honey to acne scars and leave it to settle for about 10 minutes. There after rinse your face with cold water.
Tomatoes are rich source of vitamin A and has excellent healing properties to reduce appearance of acne scars. You can eat fresh raw tomatoes everyday to help heal and decrease the appearance of acne scars.
Reduce Stress Level:
Stress is one of the major causes for acne and it might also disable the healing process of acne. Try to stay away from stress as much as possible. If it is not possible for you, at least explore different stress management techniques to eliminate stress.
Apply Ice Cubes:
This is one of the easiest and simplest ways of healing acne scars. Even though it may not give you immediate results, regular application can give you effective results. Apply ice cubes on acne scars for at least 10 to 15 minutes everyday.
Drink Lemon Juice:
Lemon essentially contains good amounts of citric acid, which is a part of AHAs group that has amazing properties to reduce acne scars. Drink lemon juice as often as possible or as much as you want to get rid of acne scars.
Apply Aloe Vera gel:
Gel or juice of Aloe Vera is highly useful in fading of acne scars. You can grow Aloe Vera plant in your home and apply freshly taken pure Aloe Vera gel to your scar. Otherwise many branded cosmetic companies manufactures pure Aloe Vera gel, so you can choose the best cosmetic companies to get Aloe Vera gel.