Sweet Almond oil is one of the most popular vegetable oils, which is also used in the form of carrier oil or base oil in Aromatherapy. Texture wise, the oil extracted from the seeds of Almond, is a bit oily. The botanical name of Almond is Prunus amygdalus var. dulcus. Sweet Almond has a very light, sweet and nutty aroma.
Almonds are very common and very beneficial for body in the form of oil. By consuming adequate amount of almonds can help you to cure various health disorders and diseases. Almonds are also very profitable for maintaining the strong immunity and also very useful in controlling high cholesterol level in the body. In this article will tell you about the positive affects of almond oil for healthy and glowing skin.
Benefits of Almond Oil For Aging Skin
- Helps in healing and moisturizing dry chapped skin. Good For premature aging, dry or sensitive skin. Nutrient-rich with Vitamins A&E, Suitable for all skill types.
- For best results in aromatherapy skin care, use quality skin softener. Also take up a lubricant of sweet almond oil. Do a good massage or just keep it applied on the skin.
- It is capable of reducing friction by making your skin smooth.
- Almond oil is good for skin as it contains vitamins B1, A, B6 and B2 with extra dose of vitamins.
- Almond oil is one of the least greasy oils. It will soak into your skin quickly and leave only a slight residue.
- Wash hands in warm, soapy water to remove oily residue from fingers.
- Purchase oil in a dark colored, glass jar if possible. This ensures that the oil has had less chance of being damaged by light.
- Keep the oil in a cool, dark place and use it quickly once opened to prevent loss of its quality.
- Discard unused contents after one year.
Use of Almond Oils In Massage
Since almond oil is not greasy, spreads easily and does not absorb into the skin too quickly; it is commonly used as a “carrier oil” by massage therapists. Carrier oils are the oils used as a base for massage oils. Typically a massage oil will contain one carrier oil and one or more “essential oils” which are used to add pleasant scents to the oils. Sweet almond oil is known to be an excellent skin lubricant, is moderately prices and has become widely accepted as the most popular carrier oil used in aromatherapy. As for the scent, sweet almond oil has a mild sweet and nutty aroma.
Almond Oil for Dry Skin
Use of almond oil for dry skin is popularly practiced since it is very lubricating and is also absorbed into the skin quickly. It helps to repair cracks and flaking of the skin. Individuals with skin allergies are often advised to use almond oil so that further dryness and scaling of the skin is avoided. It can also be used on areas of the body such as the knees, elbows and heels of the feet, as these areas are most prone to dryness and hardening. Almond oil also serves to moisturize chapped lips and helps in the healing of minor cuts, bruises and infections. Since almond oil is rich in vitamin E, it helps in preventing wrinkles and therefore The use of almond oil for face is known to be very effective. The oil may be applied to the facial and neck area every night. Use of almond oil for the face is considered to be safe and regular use will also help to lighten scars and dark spots. Sunburn may also be relieved through the application of almond oil.
Many people are bothered by dark circles under the eyes. Inadequate sleep, allergies, tiredness and poor diet can all lead to this occurrence. The skin beneath the eyes is delicate and hence loses moisture easily. Application of almond oil for dark circles is known to be highly effective. The oil moisturizes the under eye area and reduces puffiness and darkening. A small amount of honey may be added to almond oil and then gently massaged into the under eye region. The use of almond oil for acne and other skin blemishes is also believed to yield positive results since the oil is known to have antimicrobial properties. Bacterial infections of the skin may also be treated with almond oil.
Care Tips For Using Alond Oil for Aging Skin
- Eliminates impurities and removes dead cells
- Refines the structure of the skin and stimulates cell renewal
- Purifies, soothes and decongests the skin
- Leaves the skin soft, renewed and radiant
- Gives a healthy boost to the complexion
- Helps fight against the effects of aging
- Increases the efficiency of treatments applied afterward
- Help eliminate blackheads
- Always test sensitivity to an oil before use. Test a small dab on your wrist, or lower arm and watch for any reactions over a 24 hour period.
- Do not use nut oils if you have a nut allergy. There is no point giving yourself unnecessary complications.