If you’re six months to your wedding chances are you’re already addressing invitations and choosing bridesmaids dresses, but have you considered your beauty regimen? if you haven’t then making an investment now will definitely pay off in doubles when your wedding day comes. Most brides either forget completely or give their skin little attention when they’re just months to their wedding day, considering the fact that weddings involves a lot of picture taking, it’s very prudent to start thinking about your beauty months before the wedding (of course you should always think about your skin and take care of it daily), you want to look good not only in pictures but even to the the people you’ll be hugging and kissing on the big day.
Some More Tips For Bridal Skin Care
- Try to avoid junk foods and processed foods as much as possible. Put a limit on your caffeine consumption and stay away from foods that contain too much sugar or are high in calories.
- In the months preceding your wedding, it is advisable to undertake light exercise on a regular basis. Apart from helping you keep in shape, it will improve the blood circulation and bring a glow to your skin.
- While buying products for your skin, be it moisturizers, cosmetics or cleansers, always keep the type of your skin in kind – dry, oily or normal. A wrong product might end up doing more damage then good.
- Try to avoid weather conditions like harsh sun or thrashing wind. In case you have to go out in such weather, make sure to apply a sun-block with at least 20 SPF and cover your face with a scarf.
- Eating well should top the list of dos. Include lots of juices and fruits in your diet. Tomato juice is good for the skin.
- Exfoliating the face and body should also be an essential in the beauty itinerary. Have a good face-scrub and use the scrub at least 3 times a week. It is better to scrub the dry areas such as your elbows, knees and heels often. After that application of Vaseline is mandatory.
- Oil your hair every alternate day. It is wise to take multi-vitamins too.
- Keep your nails beautiful by rubbing the cuticles with olive oil, as it makes them tougher, soft and supple.
- Adequate care for feet should also be taken. Go for pedicure sessions periodically.
- Cinnamon & honey is extremely good for rough skin. Apply it and leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off. This will tone up the skin well.
- Packs made of Besan, haldi, and lemon juice is good for oily skin. Make the mix and apply it on face. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Orange Juice attributes the skin with an added glow. Apply and leave on for 15 minutes until it becomes dry and then scrub-off.
- Oatmeal and honey act as a great remedy for dry skin.
- Red sandalwood powder and Haldi is good for removing scars and other marks left by pimples and acnes. Apply the paste on your face and keep for ½ hour and then wash off.
- A mixture of crème and saffron gifts one with clear complexion. It is not suitable for oily skin.
- Apply mixture of henna, amla, shikakai, reetha, egg white and honey on the hair. Leave for 30-40 minutes. The hair will shine with an exquisite glow. Lemon juice can be blend with the mixture if you are suffering from dandruff. Green tea or vinegar can be used as the last rinse. They act as great conditioners.