Every bride desires her skin to look flawless and radiant on her wedding day. While you’re busy picking your wedding outfit, sending out invitations and making arrangements for the guests who’re about to pour in, don’t forget to take some time off your crazy routine to indulge in some bridal skin care which will help you look absolutely stunning on your wedding day!
Leave all your worries aside, focus on your skin! Remember, on your wedding day, you’re going to be under the spotlight, with the photographer taking your pictures from all possible angles.
Talking about the skin, along with beauty treatments, there needs to some efforts on the bride’s part as well, to make sure that it looks soft, smooth and glowing. In this context, one of the most important tips would be remain happy. This is because what goes on in the mind, reflects on the face as well. Apart from that, there are a number of other skin care tips that a bride needs to keep in mind, before the wedding as well as on the D-day. Some of them have been mentioned in the lines below.
Bridal Skin Care Tips
One of the first things that you need to undertake, as a part of your bridal skin care, is a proper cleansing routine. Use a mild cleanser for your face, while having a bath in the morning, and apply a good moisturizer soon after. If, and when, you wear makeup, remove it as soon as you get back home, with the help of a proper makeup remover. Always wash your face before going to bed, at night, and follow it with the application of a good moisturizer. Last, but not the least, make use of a good exfoliating product, at least thrice a week.
Good Diet & Proper Sleep
Following a proper and balanced diet forms a very important part of bridal skin care. What goes inside you has a bearing on the outward appearance as well. Drink at least 8 glasses of water in a day and include lots of fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet. Having a sound sleep is also essential for a glowing skin. Never ever compromise of your sleep, otherwise you will end up with a tired look on your face, apart from the ugly dark circles around your eyes. Do not take undue tension and try to remain as stress-free as possible. You might also indulge in meditation and yoga, for the purpose.
Use The Regular Brand Cosmetics
While you might afford to explore new brand or new type of cosmetics in the normal routine, the months prior to your wedding is certainly not the time to do so. In fact, you should stick to your regular brand for cosmetics as far as possible. Ignore the latest commercial in the television about the ‘magic concealer’ that has come in the market or the ‘new lipstick’ that makes your lips look much fuller and shinier. This is because a new product might trigger allergies on your skin, especially if the latter is too sensitive, and end up leaving spots or scars. So, it is better to put off the experiments for after the wedding.
Some More Tips For Bridal Skin Care
- Try to avoid junk foods and processed foods as much as possible. Put a limit on your caffeine consumption and stay away from foods that contain too much sugar or are high in calories.
- In the months preceding your wedding, it is advisable to undertake light exercise on a regular basis. Apart from helping you keep in shape, it will improve the blood circulation and bring a glow to your skin.
- While buying products for your skin, be it moisturizers, cosmetics or cleansers, always keep the type of your skin in kind – dry, oily or normal. A wrong product might end up doing more damage then good.
- Try to avoid weather conditions like harsh sun or thrashing wind. In case you have to go out in such weather, make sure to apply a sun-block with at least 20 SPF and cover your face with a scarf.
- Eating well should top the list of dos. Include lots of juices and fruits in your diet. Tomato juice is good for the skin.
- Exfoliating the face and body should also be an essential in the beauty itinerary. Have a good face-scrub and use the scrub at least 3 times a week. It is better to scrub the dry areas such as your elbows, knees and heels often. After that application of Vaseline is mandatory.
- Oil your hair every alternate day. It is wise to take multi-vitamins too.
- Keep your nails beautiful by rubbing the cuticles with olive oil, as it makes them tougher, soft and supple.
- Adequate care for feet should also be taken. Go for pedicure sessions periodically.
- Cinnamon & honey is extremely good for rough skin. Apply it and leave on for 20 minutes and then wash off. This will tone up the skin well.
- Packs made of Besan, haldi, and lemon juice is good for oily skin. Make the mix and apply it on face. Leave on for 20 minutes and wash off.
- Orange Juice attributes the skin with an added glow. Apply and leave on for 15 minutes until it becomes dry and then scrub-off.
- Oatmeal and honey act as a great remedy for dry skin.
- Red sandalwood powder and Haldi is good for removing scars and other marks left by pimples and acnes. Apply the paste on your face and keep for ½ hour and then wash off.
- A mixture of crème and saffron gifts one with clear complexion. It is not suitable for oily skin.
- Apply mixture of henna, amla, shikakai, reetha, egg white and honey on the hair. Leave for 30-40 minutes. The hair will shine with an exquisite glow. Lemon juice can be blend with the mixture if you are suffering from dandruff. Green tea or vinegar can be used as the last rinse. They act as great conditioners.