Everybody in the world is fond of white skin and is ready to do anything to get the skin whiter. Even fairer skin people put their best efforts to keep their skin tone whiter. While some people have dark skin from the time they are born, there are others who have it because of hyper pigmentation and various other reasons. Dark skin has higher quantity of skin pigment melanin, as compared to a fair skin. The increased quantity of melanin also makes the skin look blemished and patchy. The most common symptoms of dark skin are that the skin color turns to brownish to blackish. The effect magnifies if it is also accompanied with blemishes or dark patches on the skin. Dark skins can be cured naturally using some easy measures. Know more how to treat dark skin naturally.
Causes For Dark Skin
The causes for a dark skin or complexion could be many. Some of the most common ones are
people who have dark skin often have children who are dark – skinned ones the genes seem to pass on from generation to generation.
In this condition the skin produces too much of the pigment melanin, causing the skin to become darker than usual.
Conditions such as lichen simplex chronicus is a skin disorder that causes severe itching the skin thick, dark and patchy.
over exposure to sun causes the skin to tan. this is a natural mechanism, wherein to protect itself from the harmful U V rays of the sun, the skin produces more of the pigment melanin which shields the penetration of U V rays into the skin.
Home Remedy For Dark Skin
- An effective home remedy to cure the problem of dark skin would be to mix 1 tsp of milk powder, 1 tsp of honey, 1 tsp of lemon juice and ½ tsp of almond oil. Make a paste and apply this on the face. Apart from removing the tan, it would also make the skin shine.
- Take some oatmeal along with curd and tomato juice. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for about 20 minutes. Wash your face with cold water.
- Potato acts as a very good bleaching agent. Slice a potato and keep them over the face. This would lighten the marks.
- Take a little turmeric powder and add a few drops of lime juice. Apply this on the darkened area. This would help to reduce tan effectively.
- Dry some orange peels. Then, mix them to a bowl of curd. This would be beneficial in removing tan. Keep this for about 15 minutes and wash off with cold water.
- Another effective remedy to remove tan would be to soak 4 almonds in water and keep it overnight. Grind these almonds to make a paste. Apply this paste at bedtime. In the morning, was off this paste with cold water.
- Take a tablespoon of gram flour and mix it with 2 tsp of raw milk and 2-3 drops of lime juice. Apply this mixture and leave it for 15 minutes before washing off.
- Mint leaves work well to remove the dark skin. Take some fresh ground mint leaves and make a paste of it. Keep it for 15 minutes and later rinse of.
- Grate a tomato and add 2-3 drops of lime to it. Apply this mixture on the face and keep it for 15 minutes. Repeat this two times a day for better results.
- It is advisable to increase in the intake of water. The more water you have the more toxins flush out from the body and hence have better glowing skin. As per the diet, include whole cereals, vegetables, fruits, pulses etc into your diet.
Diet For Dark Skin
Although there are on particular foods that will lighten your skin instantly, a balanced diet definitely helps by giving your skin a healthy glow. Drinking an optimum amount of water hydrates your skin and keep it blemish free. Some recommendations regarding diet are as follows
- Avoid excessive consumption of heavy and oily food.
- Incorporate whole cereals, pulses, fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet.
- Drink at least 4-5 liters of water every day. water washes out the toxins from the body.