The skin under your eyes is the most delicate compared to your entire body. It is imperative that you take utmost care of this area of your face as it gives away your age. Lack of sleep and care will lead to dark circles, crow’s feet, wrinkles, lines and puffiness.
You might take every effort to conceal it; however, if there is inadequate sleep, an unbalanced diet, or unhealthy habits it will soon make a mark and might be difficult to get rid off. Tired eyes, under eye circles and puffiness could be tell tale signs of allergies or an expression of something amiss in the body. Therefore, it is essential to delve into the matter and consult a physician if the condition persists.
Eye Skin Care Tips:
- If under eye circles are caused due to lack of sleep, it is not necessary to go for expensive eye skin care treatment. It is best to get enough sleep—the needed eight hours. Puffiness may indicate retention of water which can be reduced by drinking extra water. If caffeine, alcohol and salty foods contribute to the puffiness, try to avoid them from your diet. Pat the eyes to even the puffiness. Splash cold water on eyes when you feel tired and keep them closed for a few minutes. If your eyes are tired place cucumber slices on the eyes to reduce under eye line and puffiness.
- Applying castor oil on the eyelids and on the skin around the eyes is an effective under eye skin care treatment. Castor oil is an excellent coolant and will nourish the skin, and eliminate the lines. You can apply and leave it overnight for best results. You can mix equal parts of rose water and lime juice, and use it as an eye drop.
- It is important to eat foods that will brighten the eyes. Consume more of green leafy vegetables, spinach, fenugreek leaves and seeds, carrots, and almonds to supply nutrients to the eyes and skin. Fenugreek seeds are very helpful for eye skin care, as they cool the body and help to reduce puffiness. Blend little fenugreek seeds and buttermilk and drink this solution to cool the body and the eyes.
- For eye and skin care apply lime and tomato juice mixed with honey and turmeric around the eyes and wash with cold water after 15 minutes. Massage olive or almond oil on the eyes and the skin around, in circular movements to increase circulation and remove dark circles and puffiness.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol as they add to the problem.
Some More Do’s and Don’ts to Soften and Rejuvenate Your Eye Skin
- Dip cotton pads in chilled milk and place on closed eyes for 10 minutes. Now relax completely. This is to relax the eye skin muscles when they are tired after working with computers.
- Grate a potato with its peel and apply on your closed eyelids for about 20 minutes and relax completely. This is to care your eyes to have firm muscles.
- Put sliced cucumber over your eyes to avoid developing dark circles.
- If your eyes are red and feeling itchy, massage your scalp with curd, to reduce the unwanted temperature around your eye skin.
- Wash your eyes with cold water often to get sparkling feel for your eye skin.
- Give a massage to the eyes, by gentle finger movement always down to up.
- Don’t wear contact lenses for extended periods of time or overnight as this makes your eyes feel tiring and hence giving unnecessary strain to your eye skin.
- When you splash water do not do this furiously believing doing this will take away tiredness instead wash gently as splashing may hurtle the smallest dust particles or an allergen which may damage the cornea which will again spoil your eye skin as well.
- Don’t use handkerchiefs to wipe eyes, instead use disposable tissues, which are more hygienic to your sensitive eye skin.
- Don’t sit near by the television and minimum of 15 feet distance should be maintained from the television and keep your book at least two feet away to strengthen your eye skin muscles.
- Use cream based eye makeup as powdery eye shadows can enter eyes and, cause irritation to the eye muscles and skin near by your eyes.
- Do not handle your eyes and eyelids harsh while using lenses, as the skin will soon loose its strength by handling rough manner.
- Don’t use your mascara for more than a year, as it may weaken your eye skin.