Between the freezing winter temperatures and dry heat emitting from our radiators, we can’t seem to lock in enough moisture. Elbows are unwieldy, knobby and generally awkward-looking, so as long as they do their job properly, we rarely think about them. It is really embarrassing for women to wear sleeveless dresses with black elbows. Black elbows can happen to any person regardless of the color of their skin.
No matter how long you’ve been ignoring your elbows, there are steps you can take to soften your skin and rid yourself of those persistent scales and dark patches. Moisturizing your elbows before bed and then slipping on a open-ended sock helps to soften dry skin. There are several natural remedies and skin care techniques outlined below which you can use to get rid of dark elbows for good.
The Best Remedies To Get Rid of Black Elbow
- Roast an onion, mash and make a paste. Apply on cracked heels. Wash after 20 minutes. Continue for a month till the cracks heal.
- Lemon juice contains citric acid which is a natural bleaching agent. Therefore, applying lemon juice to elbows can help to lighten the skin.
- Rub a banana peel onto your elbows. Rubbing elbows in a circular motion with a banana peel to reduce dryness. Bananas are a fruit rich in vitamin C (which aids in healing), and the peel has been scientifically shown to contain both anti-fungal and antibiotic components.
- Turmeric has antiseptic properties and milk act as bleach. Honey moisturizes the dry skin and also has antiseptic properties. These natural properties of the ingredients will help to get rid of black elbows and knees.
- Crush 6 Aspirin tablets in 1cup of water with 1 tspn lime juice. Coat the calluses with this. Cover with a warm towel. After 10 minutes scrub with a pumice stone and wash.
- Make a paste using milk and baking soda. This remedy helps to lighten elbows as milk contains lactic acid which reduces skin pigmentation, while the baking soda helps to exfoliate dead skin cells.
- Lemon juice has natural bleaching property and honey moisturizes the skin preventing darkening of the skin. Repeat this remedy at least thrice a week to get better results.
- Cocoa Butter And Shea Butter: These natural fats act as good moisturizers and help to make the skin soft. This helps to remove the darkness caused by dry and flaky skin. Apply cocoa butter or Shea butter on the darkened skin every night before going to bed.
- Add ½ tspn Vinegar to ½ a cup of curds. Massage feet and ankles well with this Wash after 5 minutes.
- Wear sunscreen: Sun exposure can cause damage skin and make the skin on elbows and knees darker, so it’s important to wear sunscreen everyday. Although this is especially important during the sunny summer months, harmful UV rays are present even when it’s cloudy or raining, so your should wear sunscreen all year round.
Are you embarrassed with the black knees and the elbows? Are you looking for the cheap and easily available remedies for the problem? Then try the above given remedies to get rid of the black knees and elbow.