Itchy Scalp is quite an irritating problem that can be caused by a variety of reasons like dandruff, dermatitis, dry scalp, lice infestation etc. Are you really embarrassed about having to scratch your itchy scalp in public? Not only is it a source of awkwardness, but it can also be the reason for a lot of discomfort and hair loss. Itch relief for the scalp, can still be effectively treated by some common products found in the average home.
Scalp irritation, redness, pain and itching are the primary symptoms of Itchy Scalp. It may also affect infants for a short period of time. All of which can be treated with the help of various natural methods and other medical treatments. So, here in this article we have compiled a list of best and useful itchy scalp home treatment tips.
The Helpful Itchy Scalp Treatment with Home Remedies
- Lemon juice is also considered good for hair. Thus, simply rubbing some lemon juice on the scalp and rinsing the hair after a few minutes is one of the most effective Itchy Scalp home remedies.
- Tea tree oil, with its excellent anti-bacterial properties, is effective in treating itchy scalp caused by scalp acnes, scalp rashes, scalp pimples and scalp sores. Neem oil has fungicidal properties and therefore, it is also very effective in treating itchy scalp. Mix one spoon each of neem oil, tea tree oil and rosemary oil (with a carrier oil like olive oil) and apply it on your scalp regularly.
- A vinegar mixture of equal parts water and vinegar is said to work well. Rinse hair in clear water and apply mixture directly to scalp with cotton balls or pads. Rinse with clear water. If desired, shampoo with a mild shampoo.
- Avoidance of Anaesthetics and lotions are suggested for dealing with sunburn effects as its use amy cause allergic reactions.
- One of the easiest remedies for an itchy scalp is to make a paste with baking soda and water. For best results, rub some olive oil on your scalp before you apply the baking soda and water. Then, make a thin paste by dissolving baking soda with water and applying it to your scalp. Leave the paste on for about 10-15 minutes then wash it all out.
- Massaging the scalp with a mixture of apple cider vinegar and water is another natural cure for reducing Itchy Scalp considerably. To prepare this home remedy, mix one part of apple cider vinegar in four parts of warm water.
- A combination of rosemary oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sage oil can be used for treating itches on your scalp.
- Aloe Vera gel from the plant itself can be applied directly to the scalp. Let sit for 10 to fifteen minutes, shampoo out.
- If you use witch hazel as a part of your skincare routine, you’ll be happy to know that you can also use it to calm and comfort an itchy scalp. Mix one part witch hazel with two parts distilled water and pour onto your scalp. Massage the mixture into your scalp and let it set for a few minutes before you wash and rinse it out.
- Application of olive oil, margosa oil, coconut oil and tea tree oil is also beneficial in Itchy Scalp home treatment. In this regard, a combination of olive oil and almond is regarded as a therapeutic natural remedy for Itchy Scalp caused by dandruff.
There are many ways you can treat an itchy scalp and now we know that we don’t have to spend a lot of money in order to get good results! If you enjoyed this post, please consider leaving a comment or share it with your friends using the Facebook, Google+, Twitter and Pinterest buttons given here.