So, what do you do to treat the dry skin beneath eyes? Dry skin under eyes is a common concern for adults. Dry skin around eyes can make you look old tired. This is why many people would like to be able to do something about it. As an added benefit, you can treat wrinkles, dark circles and puffiness. You will see that with only a few applications, a good eye gel, the skin around the eyes is smooth and softer. There are a couple of home remedies and treatments for dry skin around eyes, which anyone can use.
The Best Treatment for Dry Skin Around Eyes
- Tea bags can moisturize the dry skin around eyes. Place the chilled tea bags around eyes for soothing effects and to get rid of under eye dryness.
- Sunglasses: The sun is the number one culprit when it comes to causing dry skin around the eyes. Be sure to wear sunscreen and cover the sensitive skin of your eyes up with sunglasses whenever you go outdoors.
- Avoid the use of tap water when cleansing dry skin. Use mineral water to freshen your face. Don’t use a washcloth-a rough texture can irritate. Use non detergent, neutral-pH products to cleanse your skin. Avoid using any commercial soap.
- Applying rose water around the eyes is also known to help avoid dryness under eyes. Rose water reduces under-eye bags and removes dry and flaky skin under eyes.
- Use the scrub only two or three times a week for exfoliation. Apply the scrub to your hands and mix with water, gently rubbing in circular motions with your fingertips. Rinse well with cool water. Avoid the areas around your eyes. If your skin becomes irritated, use less of the product and use less pressure when rubbing.
- Eye Makeup Remover: To remove your eye makeup properly, you should use an oil-based or moisturizing eye makeup remover. These products work much better than soap and water without drying your skin.
- Drink lots of water to make sure you are keeping yourself hydrated to get rid of dry flaky skin and dark eye circles.
- Dry skin around the eyes needs extra care as this area is already sensitive. Gently apply eye cream with your fingertips ‘ a small droplet of the cream is enough. Apply onto clean skin always before moisturizer.
Be careful what you put around your eyes, as it is a sensitive area of your face. Stick to using specific natural products to help reduce the dry skin around eyes. If dry skin under eyes persists for more than a few weeks, you should see your doctor.