Lemon gives us a cool and refreshing feeling and it also has exfoliating, blotching and anti-viral properties. Lemon is rich in fruit acids and it’s all natural beautifying properties have been relied upon by many throughout the ages. The high content of Vitamin C in lemons makes it an effective skin care aid. You can use lemon beauty recipes to wash and highlight your hair. Here are some of the ways you can use lemon as a natural part of your beauty regimen.
The Best Way of Skin Care with Lemon
- Lighten age spots – simply sit with a slice of lemon applied directly to the area for ten minutes. Repeat once a week until spots fade.
- Make a moisturizing mask for dry skin by mixing equal amounts of honey, lemon and olive oil. Apply the mixture to dry areas on the skin and allow it to dry thoroughly for about 10 minutes. Rinse with warm water.
- Lemon juice is sometimes mentioned as a quick home remedy for getting rid of acne. Apply freshly squeezed lemon juice to areas of acne scarring with a cotton swab or pad in the evening after washing with a mild facial cleanser. Avoid getting lemon juice on the rest of your skin, it can be very drying.
- To make a lemon anti-wrinkle mask mix a teaspoon of honey, a few drops of lemon juice and a drop of sweet almond oil. Apply this mixture on the face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes and wash off.
- For strong, shiny, bright fingernails soak your fingernails in lemon juice for about 10 minutes. Then brush your fingernails with a nail brush dipped in a mixture of 1/2 white vinegar and 1/2 warm water and then rinse with warm water.
- Lighten discolored elbow: cut a lemon in half and place one elbow in each half for approximately ten minutes. Lemon’s acids will gently break down the dark patches of skin so they may be washed away.
- Lemon is great for removing wrinkles, blackheads and dead skin cells. Their natural properties help improve the skin.
Lemon is just a natural skin care blessing for us. You can use it so many ways and it is a major ingredient of so many beauty treatments. Do you have any other recipes with lemon? Your thoughts? Please share below in the comments section.