Winter is that season which requires skin care of complete body and a special care of your face. Lips are the important portion of your face which really needs a special care. Because lips are one of the most sensitive part of body to be taken care off, as they get much dry in winter season as compared to other parts of body. Here are some of the very useful tips to keep your lips nourished and healthy in winter season.
Moisturize The Lips
Your lips should be moisturized around the clock. It is recommended to wear a hygiene lipstick under your cosmetics lipstick. It helps protect lips from drying and cracks.
Lip balm makes a perfect care for the lips in cold and windy seasons (it would be great if you had a balm formula with hyaluronic acid). The balm provides hygienic and healing effects. It does nourish, moisturize, protects from wind and frost, give the lips a natural gloss and elasticity, heal up cracks and sores.
- Once a week apply scrub on your lips. The one you apply on your face will suit perfectly. Here is the exemplary recipe for peeling: mix 2 teaspoons of semolina with a half-spoon of honey and massage lips gently with mixture.
- In winter it would be good to decline using decorative lipstick, especially the permanent means. Some of lipstick components occlude the skin pores. If you still put decorative lipstick on, then do not forget to put nourish balsam on before lipstick. This will prevent your lips from dryness and exfoliation.
- Do not bite off dead bits of skin. Did you know that women who are habitual lip chewers eat four to nine pounds of lipstick during their life?
- Warm sesame oil will also soothe your lips. Avoid licking your lips and don’t bite the skin on the surface of your lips.
- Drink more water is not only for summers. You need an average amount of water in body in winters as well. So, to hydrate your skin in winters you need to drink enough amount of water. This will keep your lips better and your body as well.
- Always apply a natural lip balm to protect your lips.
- Dip a black tea bag in warm water and press it on lips for three to four minutes. This increases moisture level on skin of lips.
- Dip small cotton gauze in warm clarified butter (ghee) and place it on lips for 20 minutes.