Our skin is a wordless description of our health, beauty and age. A healthy glowing skin is a sign of healthy and beautiful person. Hence, maintaining a healthy skin is very important for everyone. For woman, who are comparatively more beauty conscious the skin is a matter of great concern They always want to maintain a glowing and pampering skin. However, various human activities today are making it more challenging as our eating habits, pollution and many other factors are spoiling our skin and over all look remarkably.
We all covet glowing skin that is radiant and attracts attention. Unfortunately not all of us are born with that kind of skin nor do all of us have the cash to throw around to buy the products that are favorite celebrities use to look the way they do. Fortunately we are blessed with time and energy to make these beauty products at home.
The cosmetic shops are full of skin solutions. There is a range of chemical based and herbal skin product. Though, the chemical based skin products are in high demand, but it is a fact that the long term use of these products may harm our skin and can make it dull and lifeless. In order to make our skin healthy, we can use some home based remedies which are free from such risk and are also very simple and easy to use.
Home Remedies For Skin Care:
- Extract the juice of half an orange or tomato, mix with two teaspoons of curd. Lightly massage onto your face in an upward direction. Let it dry. Then, wash your face with cold water and wipe dry. This will give your skin a nice glow.
- Rub the inner part of the skin of a papaya on your face. Let it dry. Then, wash your face with cold water and wipe dry. This will give your skin a nice glow.
- Whenever you cut a papaya to eat, save a small portion of the peel for this purpose. You can store the peel in an airtight container for about two days in the fridge; however, it is preferable to use it fresh.
- Grind 50 grams (around half a cup) of cabbage and extract the juice. Apply this on your face. After it dries, wash with cool water and wipe dry. This helps tighten your skin and prevents wrinkles.
- Grind one small carrot and squeeze the pulp to remove the juice. Apply the juice on your face and let it dry. Then, wash with cold water and wipe your face dry. This helps to rejuvenate your skin.
- Whenever eating an apple, do not discard the skin. Use it as a skin cleanser.
- Just rub the inner side of the peel in an upward direction and let your face dry. Then, wash with cool water and pat dry. This helps tighten your skin.
- Take an ice cube and rub on your face. Then, pat dry. This helps to improve blood circulation and keeps your skin healthy. Variation: Boil some lemon grass in a small container of water and cool. Pour it in the ice tray and freeze. Later, rub the ice cube on your face.
- Beat the white of one egg and apply on your face in an upward direction. Once it dries, wash with cold water. It helps tighten your skin and delays wrinkles.
- Mix 1 table spoon of barley powder with half teaspoon of lime juice and 1 teaspoon of honey. Apply it on the face and wash after 20 minutes.