Dry skin has a deficiency of moisture and fat. Therefore this skin type needs intensive and regular care. Regular moisturizing and application of other protective lotions and treatments is necessary on a regular basis. If you have dry, flaky skin too, I’m here to tell you that you don’t have to suffer through the issue until spring comes.
Extremely dry skin can lead to scaling, cracking, flaking and irritation. Natural remedies can typically resolve the problem. So what can you do to soothe that cracking skin of yours? In this article we’ll offer some home remedies that will get you closer to the smooth skin you desire. If you follow these beauty tips you are on the right path to a beautiful complexion.
The Best Dry Skin Natural Remedies
- Avocado mask: Creating a homemade mask of avocado is another natural way to soothe dry skin.
- Drink lots of water. It helps to keep your body hydrated and can alleviate dry skin to a great extent. Eight to ten glasses is the minimum quantity, but ideally you should drink much more than that.
- Olive oil is a great natural moisturizer that works wonders all over your body. Gently rub some into your elbows, face, knees, the bottoms of your feet and anywhere else on your body that’s dry.
- Aloe vera gel has soothing, healing and moisturizing properties when used topically on extremely dry skin. It works especially well on flaky skin, as it gently sloughs away the top layer of dead skin cells. Apply a thin layer of 100 percent pure aloe vera gel to affected areas. If your skin absorbs the gel, you don’t need to rinse.
- Honey is a time-tested cure for chapped, cracked lips, according to Gabriel. Apply a little organic honey in the evening and wake up to smooth, yummy lips. This trick also works to soothe cracked heels and rough elbows.
- A warm glass of milk mixed with a teaspoon or two of almond oil, before bedtime, can work wonders.
- Use a skin peeling once a month to prevent irritation. Best are gentle peelings that do not contain any abrasive particles. Gently rub it into your skin and rinse off with warm water. Don’t forget to moisturize afterwards.
- Try to include spices such as turmeric, cumin, and coriander in your diet. They help to soothe and relieve dry skin.